Did you know that more than 30 million American men have experienced some form of erection problem at some point in their lives?
According to an American Journal of Medicine study, 85% of men between the ages of 20 to 39 years will get and even maintain a healthy erection. What this means is that 15% of men in their prime will find it hard to get a firm erection every time they get aroused.
Furthermore, the same study found that only 20% of men between the ages of 40 to 59 can get and maintain an erection during sex. So where does that leave the other 80%? All in all, what this proves is that the discussion on just how important a ‘hard cock’ is during sex is far from over.
When to Get ED Medication
There are so many ways of treating ED that don’t involve popping pills. However, depending on how advanced your ED is, it's not a guarantee that they will work. In such a case, you might want to think about seeing an ED doctor. Make an appointment with a licensed healthcare provider if you are:
- frequently concerned about the firmness of your erection
- unable to get or even maintain an erection
- generally concerned about your sexual performance
These are usually the first tell-tale signs of erectile dysfunction. Don’t feel like having that weird conversation with your doctor? Online pharmacies like Seven Cells have made the process of getting ED medications easy and convenient.
The good thing about online ED services is that they are discreet. The first thing you will be required to do is fill out an online questionnaire that is used to evaluate your overall health. You will then be matched with a certified ED doctor for an online consultation to determine the right course of treatment for you.
After that, a prescription will be issued that can be sent to a licensed pharmacy of your choice near you. The doctor can also make arrangements for the medication to be delivered to you in a discreet package.
Relationship Between Exercise and ED
Ever heard that exercise is good for your health? I know it’s a cliché to tell you to exercise regularly but cardiovascular health and erections go hand in hand.
Most of the time Erectile Dysfunction (ED) is an indicator of more serious health issues like hypertension and heart disease. The blood vessels in the penis are smaller than the arteries found in other parts of the body like the heart. This means that a heart attack or a stroke will not be the first sign of heart disease or clogged arteries. Erectile dysfunction almost always is.
The good news is that you don’t need to turn into a gym addict. 20 to 30 minutes of moderate-intensity workouts a few times a week will do the trick. You could try such things as;
- Parking a little further away so that you can add a few minutes to your regular walks
- Taking the stairs rather than the elevator
- Taking a walk whenever you get a phone call, after all, it’s called a mobile phone
Whatever you do, just find time to stay active. Your penis will thank you later when your erections become stronger and more frequent.
How to Get Rid of a Boner
Erections are natural and signify arousal. They can be a blessing and a curse if they happen at the wrong time. For men who suffer from ED, getting and maintaining a strong erection is often a struggle. Erectile dysfunction medications like Viagra and Cialis and certain lifestyle changes can help manage ED. The same can however have negative effects.
What happens if, in your quest to get a firm boner, your erection doesn’t go down? The medical term for the condition is priapism. It happens when blood gets trapped in the blood vessels in the penis and is unable to flow back out again. The condition can lead to severe pain and some men have found themselves in the ER because of it. If the condition persists, it can damage the penis or worse, affect your ability to get erections in the future.
The cause of priapism is unknown but it can be tied to nerve damage or side effects of some ED medications. It can also be due to an injury to the penis or conditions like leukemia and sickle cell disease. If you still have an erection more than 4 hours after sex, consider visiting the emergency room. However, if it’s been less than 4 hours consider;
- Gentle exercises on an exercise bike or jogging
- Peeing or having a warm bath
- Using medications like ibuprofen or paracetamol to relieve the discomfort
For unwanted erections, try distracting yourself by thinking about something else. You could also shift your sitting or standing position. The simplest solution, however, is to stay calm and wait it out. It will go away on its own after a few minutes.
Kegels: Erectile Dysfunction Solution or Just a Myth?
Your penis just like the rest of your body needs exercising. Well, not those kinds of exercises. Kegel or pelvic exercises have proven effective in addressing ED. In fact, before you start popping any ED pills, this should be your first line of treatment. Working the pelvic floor muscles helps strengthen the muscles that support erections. Kegels have also been proven as an effective treatment for premature ejaculations.
So how do you Kegel? It’s simple! Next time you are peeing, try stopping and starting the stream again. Imagine you are in a crowded room and need to hold a fart in. The muscle you feel tightening is what you need to exercise.
These simple squeezes will help work the pelvic floor muscle and if you do it right, you can actually see your penis jumping a bit. Doing at least three sets of ten reps three times a day will help strengthen your muscles for stronger erections.
Other Helpful Tips to Stay Hard for Longer
Even with a high sex drive, without a ‘hard dick’, it can prove hard to enjoy your sex life. This can have negative effects on not only your mental life but your partner’s sexual attraction to you. Here are a few proven tips that can help you maintain a stronger erection for longer;
- Reduce smoking and alcohol consumption. Alcohol just like cigarettes is a depressant that lowers your sexual desire and blood flow to the penis. By reducing your consumption, you can achieve stronger erections and improve your libido.
- Try new things in the bedroom. Sometimes your inability to have strong erections could be tied to your surroundings. Therefore, try spicing up things by trying new positions, incorporating sex toys like penis rings, trying different entry points other than the vagina, and role-playing. Try also to focus less on sexual performance and more on what feels pleasurable to you.
- Reduce your intake of fried, fatty, and processed foods. Eating fatty foods increases your risk for conditions like heart disease, high blood pressure, and diabetes which can affect your sex life.
- Minimize or find better ways to manage stress. According to research stress and anxiety are often the major culprits behind erectile dysfunction and not to mention they can lead to such things and hypertension and heart disease.
- Get enough sleep every day. This helps you prevent conditions such as stress and anxiety.
- Try nitric oxide supplements like L-arginine and Pycnogenol which have proven effective in ED treatment.
More Useful Information
There are different causes of ED and different treatment options. FDA approved ED medications like Viagra (sildenafil), Cialis (tadalafil) or Levitra (vardenafil) are usually the best cause of treatment. However, there are so many other erectile dysfunction treatment options that don’t involve taking a pill every time you want to make love.
A hard penis means better sex life! Lifestyle changes like exercising, reducing smoking and alcohol intake, eating healthy, getting enough sleep, and minimizing stress can have very positive effects. Additionally, incorporating penis exercises like Kegels will also help relax the muscles that affect erections. If all fails, then you might have to see a licensed ED doctor.